12 Key On-Page SEO Factors that Search Engines (and users) Love
- Leverage SEO-friendly permalink URLs – You want your page’s URL to be short and keyoword rich.
- Goal = Start Title with Keyword – Your title tag is the most important on-page SEO element.
- Dazzle with Multimedia – Text can only take your content so far.
- Use Outbound Links – Adding outbound links to authority sites boosts a page’s rank in Google.
- Drop keyword in first 100 words – Your keyword should appear in the first 100-150 words of the article.
- Wrap your title in an H1 tag – Check your site’s code to make sure your title gets the H1 love it deserves.
- Decrease website loading speed – Page loading speed is an important SEO ranking signal, says Google.
- Add modifiers to your title – Adding modifiers like “best”, “guide”, and “review” can help your rankings.
- Use social sharing buttons – Social sharing buttons increase social sharing by up to 700%.
- Post long content – Longer content ranks significantly higher in Google. Aim for at least 1500 words.
- Decrease bounce rate – A bounce is when users quickly leave your site. Lower bounce rate with clean website design and engaging content.
- Sprinkle LSI keywords – LSI keywords are synonyms Google uses to determine a page’s relevancy. Find LSI keywords by using “Searches Related to…” at the bottom of Google search results.
Source: On-Page SEO: Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Page – Infographic