Your online marketing plan is designed to help you achieve the goals you set forth in your marketing strategy. A marketing plan is a list of the tactics you’re going to use, how you’re going to use them, and also how you’ll track success.
There are many potential components to a successful online marketing campaign. Understanding what the possibilities are will help you pull all of the pieces together in an effective and profitable way.
1. Content – One of the most important aspects of a marketing plan is your content marketing. This includes your blog posts, any reports or materials you publish, and even your newsletter content. Your content marketing will likely integrate with your other marketing tactics, including social media and email marketing.
2. Visual Content – Visual content embraces tactics that range from infographics to video and social media images. For example, you can create a strong social media presence on sites like Pinterest and Instagram which are 100% visual content. YouTube is another example of visual content which you can use to drive traffic to your website. Visual content can and should be shared via email and social media outlets as well.
3. Email – Email is a powerful and useful marketing tactic. Create an irresistible opt-in offer and begin marketing to the people on your list. They’re qualified leads.
4. Social Media – Social media allows you to broaden your reach and it invites interaction and conversation. Create profiles on sites where your audience hangs out and integrate your efforts with your other marketing tactics.
5. Website Design – The experience visitors have on your website can make or break your connection to them. If they have a positive user experience, they will be more inclined to become frequent visitors. They may subscribe to your site, join your email list, and follow you on social media. A good user experience provides value and is easy to navigate.
6. Mobile Marketing – Reach out to prospects and customers with a top quality mobile website. Other mobile marketing tactics include QR codes, mobile applications for the iPhone and Android devices, and SMS text messaging campaigns. You can even create loyalty campaigns with mobile marketing.
7. Search Engine Optimization – Search engines are a viable way for prospects to find you. Make sure you’re optimizing your content and interactions to help you achieve a good page ranking. Optimize your visual content as well as your written content and make the most of your efforts.
Of course within each one of these marketing tactics your plan will also include goals, a timeline or action plan, and how youíre going to measure success. Integrate your marketing tactics and take great care not to duplicate. For example, donít publish the same content on Facebook that you do on your blog or in your newsletter. Target the content for your audience and your marketing goals.